Low emission current, unable to find beam
Titan Krios, Titan G2 60-300
These are possible resolutions for the issue:
- Adjusted R29 on HBF (WI 105845)
These are possible causes for the issue:
- Filament supply voltage too low (<26.5V)
After replacing the HT Tank everything started as expected but the beam could not be found. FEG Emission was present, the test lines "looked" ok. After a deeper analysis it was noticed that the Filament current was dropping during the Extractor ramp up or Gun Lens change.
Case 1 -Titan Krios:
FEG SERVICE DIALOG AND UI XFEG
- The emission current dropped from 297 uA to 65 uA.
- The filament current is normally 1885 mA
- When the GL is increased (GL8 1800V) the emission drops to about 22uA
- The Filament current drops to about 1600 mA.
- When the GL is decreased (GL1 350V) the emission goes up to about 120 uA
- The filament current goes up to 1775 mA
Case 2 - TitanG2 60-300 (see picture):
In both cases, the 26.5V Filament supply was low (<18V) and needed correction.