Stage communication crash and holder type changing during tilt
Titan Krios G2
These are possible resolutions for the issue:
- Replace cable from flexifoil-PCB to the holder
These are possible causes for the issue:
- Cable from flexifoil-PCB to the holder was broken
- SerialEM crashes because it cannot communicate with the stage.
- Issue is specific to tomographic data collection with a lot of stage tilting (>5 degree) because single-particle acquisition without stage tilts is running completely fine.
- Holder type number is changed suddenly during the tilting.
- Looks like the " SpecimenHolderDetected" signal is triggering the updates. “HolderName = "No Specimen Holder") != S_OK”
- Different values on the "SetSpecimenHolderType”
CSmc:: SetSpecimenHolderType( HolderType = 9 )
CSmc::SetSpecimenHolderType( HolderType = 13 )
CSmc::SetSpecimenHolderType( HolderType = 11 )
- Expected range is 1..9. For this microscope even limited to just "9",
- But values 11, 13 even15 also being returned.
- Expect this to be an issue with either the cabling or the sensors on the stage.
Cable from flexifoil-PCB to the holder was broken. Because it was touching the Amotor every time during the tilting. This multi-colored cable apparently was not fixed properly with wrap-tire during installation
Different value of specimen holder type
Communication crash due to disable status