Failure of UHV Chamber heating control
Q Exactive GC
- The messages window displays real-time information about the statuses of the instrument, the control service, or other programs.
- If the heating was terminated, the window displays a corresponding error message.
- In case of a failure of the UHV chamber heating control, shut down the mass spectrometer.
- To prevent permanent damage to components of the Q Exactive GC mass spectrometer, Thermo Fisher Scientific recommends calling a Thermo Fisher Scientific field service engineer.
- During general operation of the mass spectrometer, the temperature of the UHV chamber is not regulated.
- Only during a system bakeout, electric power is supplied to the heating elements of the UHV chamber.
- The heating always operates at maximum power.
- Failure of the heating control does not lead to a dangerous overheating of the mass spectrometer.