Forepump will not switch on
- Check that there is power to the mass spec. Green light on the MS front facia is lit?
- Check that the power cable from the rear panel of the mass spec to the pump is connected securely at both ends.
- Check that the ON/OFF switch on the pump is in the ON position.
If all above are correct:
- Set the pump ON/OFF switch to OFF, At the mass spec rear panel swap the pump power lead from the forepump connector to the accessory connector. See Figure 1.
- Now switch the pump ON at the pump switch.
- If the pump now runs from the accessory outlet then the fault lies with the mass spec. Contact your Thermo Scientific service desk to report the problem If the pump still doesn’t run switch the pump to OFF, remove the power lead from the pump and using a standard ‘kettle lead’ connect the pump to a separate mains supply and check if it runs.
- If the pump still doesn’t run then the pump is faulty.
- If the pump now runs then the fault is in the mass spec. For either case contact your Thermo Scientific service desk to report the problem.