- For TSQ systems working in SRM mode, check the quality and pressure of the Argon for the collision gas. Purge thoroughly the line if required.
- For systems working in CI mode, check pressure and quality of the reagent gas. Purge thoroughly the line if required.
- Perform an EI Full Diagnostic tune. If it is correct:
- Perform an Autotune (SmartTune or EI Daily Tune or EI Standard/SRM Tune) and troubleshoot the column installation, inlet leaks and syringe status.
- If it fails, troubleshoot accordingly to the errors: o Ion source errors (lens1/2/3 and repeller): Extract the ion source, seek for issues or damage and clean it.
- Check the lens springs ceramic plate for damage or cracks.
- Check short circuits at the ion source housing and damaged insulators.
- Electronics failures. Troubleshoot the board related to the error.
- Detector failure. Troubleshoot accordingly.
- Replace the electron multiplier if the Voltage is above 1800V.
- Main causes are dirty or incorrectly assembled ion source
- Damaged spring board
- GC carrier gas leaks or syringe malfunction
- Ion source housing short circuits
- Lens board issues
- Other electronics issues and multiplier fault