Filament blowing very quickly.
- Q Exactive GC
- Exactive GC
- TSQ Series
- ISQ Series
- Checks that can be completed on the system before logging a support call:
- Check carrier gas being supplied to the GC and Column.
- Check split flow is on and is at a high enough value.
- Check Inlet pressure is high enough to supply the column and split flow demand.
- Check column parameters are correct.
- Check last leak check result.
- Tighten column nut and ferrule and run leak check.
- If still high, replace column nut and ferrule.
- Run a quick heat cycle on the GC to “bed in” the ferrule.
- Check and adjust ferrule tightness.
- Run leak check.
- If leak check still high, replace column with a blanking nut and run leak check.
- If okay, issue is with the column/inlet so run a Inlet leak check.
- If Inlet leak check passes, exchange column.
- If issue persists log a support call for further investigation.
Air ingree into the system