Turbomolecular pump has switched off
Q Exactive GC
- The instrument status window displays real-time status information for the instrument components.
- All parameters are arranged in a tree view.
- In addition to showing numerical values of parameters (for example, pump speeds or component temperatures), the instrument status window uses icons to indicate the statuses of system components.
- The messages window displays real-time information about the statuses of the instrument, the control service, or other programs.
- It might display additional information. In case of an overheated turbomolecular pump, shut down the mass spectrometer.
- To prevent permanent damage to components of the Q Exactive GC mass spectrometer, Thermo Fisher Scientific recommends calling a Thermo Fisher Scientific field service engineer.
A turbomolecular pump may be switched off because of one of the following reasons:
- Turbomolecular pump is blocked
- Failure of fans in turbomolecular pump Each of the above reasons might lead to an overheating of the pump.
- When overheated, a turbomolecular pump switches off automatically to prevent its destruction.
- Overheating protection prevents the outbreak of a fire and minimizes the risk of destroying the pump.