How do I check an FTIR accessory performance? Can I tell from the interferogram if the accessory is performing properly?
FTIR accessory performance is measured by its %T when ratioed against the instrument’s open beam background by preforming the below procedure:
- Collect open beam background with no accessory in the instrument sample compartment.
- Insert the Smart accessory into the sample compartment.
- When prompted that the Smart accessory has been inserted, either click the box labeled “Use Current Background” or cancel message box.
- Collect 100%T sample measuring accessory throughput.
- Measure %T at 1000 cm-1 for diamond crystals and 2000 cm-1 for all other crystal materials.
- Compare result to the minimum values listed in IR6116B - FTIR accessory performance testing and specifications document.