What is the optimal way to store an iCAP Q?
- Before switching off the instrument it is recommended to replace the oil in the vacuum pump.
- Replace the cooling water (DI) and circulate to flush the instrument.
- Switch the instrument off by using the main circuit breaker. Do not vent the instrument by clicking the Vacuum System Off button in Qtegra.
- Clean the torch housing and interface as good as possible to prevent continuous corrosion.
- You should block or seal all service inlets and outlets (e.g., water, vacuum, gases).
- Cover the instrument with a water proof covering including some silica bags underneath the cover.
- Store it in a climate controlled environment.
- The same applies for accessories (e.g., Autosampler, chiller, and other accessories). Drain fluids and seal in/outputs.
- If you have any other questions please contact Tech Support at 1-800-532-4752.