This guide demonstrates how to set up the Thermo Scientific™ Affirma™The Flow-Through Transmission Lubricant Analysis System for the Nicolet™ Summit™ X Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectrometer and perform a basic analysis.
The system consists of a Flow-Through Transmission (FTRN) accessory and baseplate that fit in the spectrometer sample compartment.
Our OMNIC Paradigm software and customized workflows step you through each sample analysis.
Figure 1-1: Nicolet Summit X FTRN Lubricant Analysis System
Table of contents
- Unpack the FTRN Accessory
- Prepare the Nicolet Summit X Spectrometer
- Install the FTRN Accessory
- Install the software and Affirma workflow package
- Perform a background measurement
- Prepare the flow-through cell for sampling
- Run the Affirma calibration check
- About OMNIC Paradigm software
- Safety and operating precautions
- Sampling tips
- Clean the flow-through cell