How customer can access LogmeInRescue (LMIR) if they do not have access to any web browser on target computer?
LogMeIn Rescue Support
Be Advised: Do not send these instructions to your Customer; this is not formatted or branded to be customer-facing.
- Send the attached ZIP file to your Customer via e-mail or via OneDrive.
- Do not attempt to extract the MSI file therein and send it directly as our Exchange/Outlook mail servers will strip the MSI file.
- Your Customer will then need to extract the MSI file from the ZIP file and get it onto the target computer.
i.If they can receive e-mail on the target computer, it will be easy.
ii.If not, they will need to sneaker-net the file to it via removable USB drive.
iii.Or, they can upload the file to a network drive accessible from the target computer.
- Your Customer should then run the MSI file on the target computer.
i.This will install an applet.
ii.That applet will allow them to enter the 6-digit PIN code whenever you’re ready to provide it to them like you normally would.
iii.This replaces the web browser URL entry of support.me.
- You then manage the session like you normally would.
NOTE: Be advised that Customers might not permit ad hoc installations of software on their systems that have previously been qualified and/or validated. If so, see the Alternate Solution below
- You can simply utilize a Rescue Lens session in which the FSE or Customer would direct their mobile device camera at their instrument computer screen.
- This will allow you to see exactly what they are seeing, and provide them with verbal instructions.
- Of course, this does not allow you to take remote control of their computer, but this has been used with great success for computer systems that are not connected to the Internet.