How to move license and instrument configuration to a new PC
Chromeleon 7 (version 7.0.x - 7.2.x)
Moving License to a new PC:
- Check if you have a license file on CD bundled with Chomeleon 7 software. The license file has filename extension *.cmlic
- If you don’t have this file on the CD, you can find it by path C:\ProgramData\Dionex\Chromeleon\ and then copy the license file to an external device.
- Note: The path contains folders that are hidden by default. To see the folders, enter the path in the Windows Explorer address bar or press the Windows logo key + H. - Move the license key (dongle) from the USB port of old PC to the new PC.
- Note: The license key is a USB device (dongle) - Launch Chromeleon Administration Console on a new PC.
- Go to License Manager.
- Manage Licenses. Refer to Figure 1.
- Open license file from the CD or the external device.
- License is transferred.
Moving Instrument Configuration to a new PC:
- Launch Chromeleon Services Manager.
- Click on the Configure instruments link. Refer to Figure 2.
- Select File.
- Import from the menu at the top of Instrument Configuration window.
- Save the configuration file to an external device. Refer to Figure 3.
Open Instrument Configuration window on a new PC:
- Select File.
- Export from the menu at the top of Instrument Configuration window and open the configuration file from the external device.
- Instrument Configuration is transferred. Refer to Figure 4.
Figure 1 - Manage License in Chromeleon Administration Console
Figure 2 - Chromeleon Services Manager
Figure 3 - Moving Instrument Configuration
Figure 4 - Instrument Configuration