Skip to main content
FID Analog Filter
- Last updated
Save as PDF
- A customer has several Focus GC with FID operating with Chromquest software.
- The customer operates one Focus GC in the mode of analog filter range 1 and one Focus GC at an analog filter range of 100 as the samples have high concentrations.
- The baseline on two of the systems has drifted down and is now around 0.0 millivolts (mV).
- The customer is currently running with a ignition threshold of 0.0 mV and the FID remains ignited.
- I discussed this issue with another Technical Support Representative and they indicated this is a common issue when using Analog filters and to overcome the issue the ignition threshold is set to 0.0 mV .
- The customer is using Chromquest as the software, and this will also be an issue with Chromeleon and Xcalibur.
- Trace Ultra
- Trace 1300
- Trace 1310
- The only solution is to run with threshold set to 0.0.
- User can confirm that GC is working by removing the analog filter and confirming the signal is around 2-7 mV.