What should I do in case of a power outage?
- Heracell VIOS 160i
- Heracell VIOS 250i
Take the measures below to ensure safe operation. For more information, refer to the Heracell VIOS 160i/250i User Manual.
- Drain the water and wipe the interior dry.
- Let the device warm up without water for 1 hour to 55 °C.
- Let the device cool down with the doors opened.
- After the cool down, start the device at incubation temperature according to “Start-up“ Chapter in the Heracell VIOS 160i/250i User Manual.
- Alternatively, or when the above mentioned measures were not effective, start a disinfection run at 180 °C.
NOTE: The disinfection routine can be interrupted after approximately 1 hour. The sensors should then have dried.
After a power outage, the formation of condensation can occur at the sensors due to moisture. Moisture can impair the sensor function and lead to erroneous values being displayed or to failure messages (sensor breakage.)