Behavior of the system in case of a main failure.
LTQ XL Ion Trap Model
Understanding the power failure:
- A main power failure has the same consequence as switching off via the main power switch.
- If the power is available again, the system starts up automatically: the pumps are switched on and the instrument is pumped down.
- If the system has been vented during the mains failure, it is necessary to bake out the system to obtain the operating vacuum.
- It is not possible to check whether the system was vented.
- The log file of the data system indicates a reboot of the system. In case of frequent but short power failures we recommend installing an uninterruptible power supply (UPS).
- If main power failures occur frequently while the system is not attended (e.g. in the night), we recommend installing a power fail detector.
Note: The intentional venting of the system is performed with the vent valve of the linear ion trap.