If the communication link between LTQ Orbitrap XL ETD and data system computer is lost, it may be necessary to reset the system using the Reset button of the LTQ XL.
LTQ XL Ion Trap Model
- To reset the LTQ Orbitrap XL ETD, press the Reset button of the LTQ XL.
- See the LTQ Series Hardware Manual for the location of the Reset button.
When you press the Reset button, the following occurs:
- An interrupt on the mainboard of the internal computer causes the internal computer to reboot. All LEDs on the front panel are off except the Power LED.
- After several seconds, the Communication LED is illuminated yellow to indicate that the data system and the instrument are starting to establish a communication link.
- After several more seconds, the Communication LED is illuminated green to indicate that the data system and the instrument have established a communication link. Software for the operation of the instrument is then transferred from the data system to the instrument.
- After three minutes, the software transfer is complete. The System LED is illuminated either green to indicate that the instrument is functional and the high voltages are on, or yellow to indicate that the instrument is functional and it is in Standby condition.