The Experiment Setup dialog in OMNIC for the Nicolet iS5 only has three tabs (Collect, Bench, and Diagnostics) instead of all six (Collect, Bench, Quality, Advanced, Diagnostics, Configure).
There are two ways to change this behavior.
- Open OMNIC.
- Click on the Edit menu and the Options command.
- Select the OMNIC tab.
- There should be two options to select on this tab, either Basic or Advanced.
- Select the Advanced option to show all six tabs or Basic option to show only three tabs in Experiment Setup.
- Close OMNIC and reopen the software for the changes to take effect.
Figure 1: Edit | Options dialog box.
Process 2 (if the Edit | Options dialog doesn't have an OMNIC tab):
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the C:\my documents\omnic\ folder.
- Double click on the OmnicSettings.ini file to open it in Notepad.
- Look in this file for a line that says "PrivilegeLevel=Basic"
- If that line is present, change the word Basic to be Advanced and save the file.
- If that line is not present, then add the two lines indicated in Figure 2 to the end of the file. Then save the file.
- Open OMNIC and verify all six tabs are now available in Experiment Setup.
Figure 2: OmnicSetting.ini file