Shutting down Atomic Absorption Spectrometers
This procedure applies to these Atomic Absorption Spectrometers:
- iCE 3300
- iCE 3400
- iCE 3500
Extinguish the flame
- Aspirate clean water or solvent to remove all traces of sample solution from the Spray Chamber and Drain
- Press the Flame Off button
- The oxidant gas will change to air, if necessary.
- The fuel flow will increase to give fuel-rich flame.
- The flame will then be shut off.
Vent the gas system
- Turn off the flame.
- Shut off the gas supplies at source.
- Press and hold the Flame Off button.
- After about 10 seconds, you will hear a click, and the gases will be vented through the burner.
- When the pressure gauges on the fuel and nitrous oxide gas lines have fallen to zero, release the Flame off button. This will cause the air to push out any remaining gasses.
- Close the SOLAAR software.
- Turn off power to accessories.
- Shut down computer and power off monitor.
- Turn off system using switch at back right of unit.