The sensitivity is low in TRIPLUS 300HS - TRACE 13X0 system but retention times are correct.
- Check method parameters for unnoticed changes or unsuitable parameters.
- Check leaks at the GC side of the TRIPLUS 300HS sample pathway using GC inlet leak test procedures with the TRIPLUS 300HS connected to the inlet.
NOTE: If it fails, check for leaks the column installation, septum, transferline needle, inlet carrier gas circuit connections and inlet septum purge and split valves.
- Check leaks at the TRIPLUS 300HS sample side using an empty vial following TRIPLUS 300HS leak test procedures. o If it fails, check vial sealing, sampling needle, EV3 leaking through the vent outlet, AUX IN valves (EV1 and/or EV2) malfunctioning and sensors (S1, S2 and/or S3) failure.
- Check blockage of the needle: the vial pressure should drop when the vial is removed from the sampling needle (vial sampling lifter up vs. down).
- If there is no difference or the pressure decays slowly, replace the sampling needle.
- Check a malfunction on the EV3/vent valve that prevents the loop to be filled with sample. o If there is no flow or the flow is not achieved through the device VENT outlet (i.e. 30 mL/min) with EV1, EV2 and EV3 all open and a vial inserted on the sampling needle, replace the EV3/Vent valve.