This guide demonstrates how to set up the Thermo Scientific™ Affirma™ Horizontal ATR Lubricant Analysis System for the Nicolet™ Summit™ X Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectrometer and perform a basic analysis.
The system consists of a Pike Horizontal Attenuated Total Reflection (HATR) accessory and baseplate that fit in the spectrometer sample compartment.
Our OMNIC Paradigm software and customized workflows step you through each sample analysis.
Figure 1-1: Nicolet Summit X HATR Lubricant Analysis System
Table of contents
- Unpack the Pike HATR Accessory
- Prepare the Nicolet Summit X Spectrometer
- Install the Pike HATR Accessory
- Install the software and Affirma workflow package
- Perform a background measurement
- Run the Affirma calibration check
- About OMNIC Paradigm software
- Safety and operating precautions
- Sampling tips
- Clean the ATR crystal