How do I troubleshoot unstable system backpressure?
- Integrion models:
Possible Causes and Solutions:
1. Pump insufficiently primed
- Prime the pump.
2. Insufficient backpressure on the EG degasser
- Verify that there is 14 MPa (2000 psi) of backpressure on the EG. Add additional backpressure coils if needed.
3. Pump component problem
- A worn or damaged pump component can often be identified by a cyclic pattern in pressure readings.
- Replace the pump check valves.
- Replace the pump seals.
4. Unstable column temperature
- Check the temperature setpoint of the column compartment; verify that the temperature is stable.
- Verify that the column is installed correctly on the column clips and the column compartment door is closed completely.
5. Clogged injection valve
- A clogged injection valve may cause unstable pressure whenever the valve position is switched.
- If the injection valve is the suspected source of the unstable backpressure, the injection valve rotor seal or stator may need to be replaced.